SSAT Prep Fall 2017
The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is a standardized exam used by many private schools to evaluate 8th grade applicants. The SSAT includes Verbal, Reading, and two Math sections with 166 multiple choice questions. Total testing time is about 2.5 hours and also involves an unscored writing sample that does not affect your child’s overall test score.
Program Structure (SSAT Only)
9/8/17 – Student’s Target Test Date
*Test Dates: October 14th, November 11th, or December 9th
- Tuesday + Friday: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Verbal 90 min. and Math 90 min.)
- Saturday: Weekly full-length practice test
SSAT Prep classes are available in Palisades Park and Closter. Program length/number of sessions required depends upon your child’s target test date.
- Math: Quantitative Skills + Achievement Skills for arithmetic and algebra
- Verbal: Vocabulary, Synonyms, Analogies
- Reading: Advanced Reading Comprehension, Poetry, Short/Long Passage Strategies
If your child is only applying to schools requiring the SSAT, then this program is the right choice. However, if your child is applying to multiple schools with a variety of admission tests, please review our Dual Prep test training options.
Dual Prep Programs Available