School Support Tutoring Program
Our School Support Tutoring Program is designed to improve performance in Science and Mathematics for grades 6-12. The main goal is to help students achieve and maintain high grades in these subjects to improve their overall GPA. All sessions provide teaching and practice materials carefully aligned with each student’s struggles and/or classroom needs. Students advance their skills in a one-on-one setting with topics and practice taken directly from their school classrooms.
A student’s educational experience has a tremendous impact on future success, and it all starts with tackling his or her specific weaknesses in the classroom.
Why join the School Support Tutoring Program?
The high school GPA is a large factor in the college admissions process, and a strong GPA is instrumental in college success. SSTP helps elementary, middle, and high school students build confidence and valuable skills in important classes while raising their grades. This tutoring program includes highly individualized instruction that caters specifically to each student’s unique needs.
Most elementary, middle, and high schools in the United States use the Common Core Curriculum, which forms the basis for SAT, ACT, PSAT, and PARCC testing. School Support Tutoring is not only aligned with the Common Core, but it also makes use of the material your child is studying in school. Our combination of one-on-one guidance and a practice-oriented learning environment helps students apply what they learn directly in their school classrooms.
The School Support Tutoring Program is broken down into two groups.
- Program A: for students looking for extra support and reinforcement in specific topics
- Program B: for students looking to maintain their high GPAs
Program A — “Building Classroom Skills”
Program A is for those who need help building stronger skills in certain school subjects, which will then improve their grades and classroom performance. (2 sessions per week)
- Day 1: Relearn the weekly topic with MEK tutor
- Day 2: Complete reinforcement exercises (from MEK + student’s school)
- Required Commitment: 10 sessions/5 weeks
Program B — “Boosting Good Performance”
Program B is for students striving to keep up their GPAs and maintain strong class performance. (1 session per week)
- Reinforce school topics with various exercises (from MEK + student’s school)
- Highly focused instruction to fine-tune classroom abilities
- Required Commitment: 5 sessions/5 weeks
*Additional services: (fees apply)
- MEK will communicate with the student’s schoolteachers to better address his/her classroom needs
- Extra practice time after each tutoring session
How can my child get started?
- Fill out our questionnaire detailing the student’s school performance/tutoring needs
- Schedule and take a required initial evaluation test
- Meet with our academic counselors to create a customized curriculum plan