PSAT Core Reading and Writing
PSAT Core Reading and Writing is designed for early high school students looking to improve their content-related abilities on the SAT and/or ACT. It is never too early to begin college admissions exam prep, and this course provides an enormous advantage to students through early test content exposure.
Not only does PSAT Reading and Writing help students develop skills necessary for success on the SAT, but it also improves performance in high school humanities courses like Language Arts and History.
When should I start?
We highly recommend starting during the second half of 9th grade for 20 sessions. This time frame allows students to acclimate to their new surroundings and schedules in high school without adding too much to their workload.
Fall 2017 Schedule Information
- Start Date: Wednesday, October 18th, 2017
- Class Time: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm, every Wednesday
- Location: at this time, we will be offering the program at the Palisades Park campus only.
What are the benefits of this program?
- Vastly improved study skills
- Renewed discipline, focus, and motivation
- Boosted vocabulary, reading, and writing skills
- Stronger grades in English, Literature, and History courses
- Statistically higher SAT scores than students who start later
Students in this program practice applying decision-making skills long before taking official SAT or ACT tests, eliminating the added pressure juniors and seniors face during test prep. The earlier students begin strengthening core skills relevant to the SAT or ACT, the higher their scores will be when taking official exams!
Isn’t it early to prepare for the SAT during 9th grade?
Not at all! This course helps students build core reading and writing skills, meaning it boosts the foundational abilities required in the classroom every day. PSAT Core Reading and Writing is unique because it helps students improve classroom performance now while laying the basics for SAT training later.