Achieve Your Goal Score.
Our highly effective College Admissions Exam Prep program focuses on more than just test review. We firmly believe in helping students boost their study habits, motivation, relevant skill sets, and test-taking confidence.
Over the years, we have found TWO main elements essential to gaining true command of the SAT and ACT. Our program teaches students to:
- master the act of test-taking itself
- master test content
In other words, to score high on the SAT or ACT, a student must understand what is on the test while demonstrating the ability to answer questions quickly and accurately.
Our Tools for Success
MEK Review utilizes evaluation, practice, and homework tools to help students strengthen important SAT and ACT skills. These tools include but are not limited to:
SAT and ACT Group Classes
SAT and ACT group classes form the backbone of our College Admissions Exam Prep program. Students will be placed into group classes based on whether they are preparing for the SAT or ACT. However, based on their diagnostic test results, they will be placed into either our A or B class. Each class has carefully tailored lessons to meet students’ specific needs.
In all group classes, students will…
- increase their comfort and endurance in a real testing environment
- learn specific test-taking strategies and content knowledge that is prioritized on the exam
- benefit from the group dynamics as they learn from each other’s perspectives and mistakes
- get consistent targeted feedback on their unique testing weaknesses
SAT B or ACT B Class: Building Foundational Skills
- Initial Test Score: Under 1200 for SAT or under 28 for ACT
- Course Length:
- SAT B: 12 sessions (but can repeat if necessary)
- ACT B: 8 sessions (but can repeat if necessary)
- Purpose: Helping lower-performing students build valuable skill foundations, motivation, good study habits, and content mastery for the SAT or ACT.
Students will be working to move forward to SAT A or ACT A class. They will move forward when they’ve reached a 1300+ on the SAT or a 28+ on the ACT.
SAT A or ACT A Class: Test Training I
- Initial Test Score Minimum: 1300+ SAT/28+ ACT or student has successfully completed SAT B or ACT B
- Course Length: Varies depending on the student’s current SAT or ACT skills, goal score, and target test date
- Purpose: Helping students implement newly-developed foundations to strengthen application skills and practice efficient test-taking strategies
- New Addition: MEK online video tutorials! These videos are pocket-sized versions of our lectures that focus on specific skills discussed during class. Click here to learn more and click here to see examples.
All work completed in A Class builds upon problem-solving and study methods first explored in B Class!
Students take weekly simulation tests to build confidence and reach or surpass their goal scores BEFORE taking the official test.
A student’s ultimate goal is to earn a 1500+ on the SAT or a 34+ on the ACT.
SAT/ACT Dual Prep: Test Training II
Advanced students prepare for both the SAT and ACT. MEK uses the similarities between the SAT and ACT to reduce test-taking time thanks to student familiarity with the material. We also use the exam differences to refresh students’ efforts and help them see testing from multiple perspectives. Many students who are short on their goal score achieve higher scores on the alternate test using the skills acquired from earlier Test Training.