After 18 years of experience in SAT and ACT preparation, we are proud to unveil an enhanced version of our highly effective College Admissions Exam Prep program. Rather than focus on test review alone, we firmly believe in helping students boost their study habits, motivation, relevant skill sets, and test-taking confidence.
Over the years, we have found TWO main elements essential to gaining true command of the SAT and ACT. Our program teaches students to:
- master the act of SAT test-taking itself
- master test content
In other words, to score high on the SAT or ACT, a student must understand what is on the test while demonstrating the ability to answer questions quickly and accurately. Our mission to help students achieve their goal scores remains the same, but our approach has improved to better reflect the major changes on the Redesigned SAT.
We have three phases of Exam Prep to help students stay focused in the classroom and work toward their unique SAT and ACT goals!
Our Tools for Success
MEK Review utilizes evaluation, practice, and homework tools to help students strengthen important SAT and ACT skills. These tools include but are not limited to:
SAT and ACT Group Classes
SAT and/or ACT group classes form the backbone of our College Admissions Exam Prep program. Based on their diagnostic test results, students are placed into SAT B or SAT A classes where they will benefit from carefully tailored lessons that meet their specific needs.
In all group classes, students will…
- increase their comfort and endurance in a real testing environment
- learn specific test-taking strategies and content knowledge that is prioritized on the exam
- benefit from the group dynamics as they learn from each other’s perspectives and mistakes
- get consistent targeted feedback on their unique testing weaknesses
- Initial Diagnostic Test Score Minimum: Under 1200 SAT Composite
- Course Length: 12 sessions (10-topic skill module), 2 full-length simulation tests
- MAXIMUM of 24 sessions: 2 modules if necessary
- Purpose: Helping lower-performing students build valuable skill foundations, motivation, good study habits, and content mastery for the SAT and ACT
A single course module is made up of 10 important skill sets. If a student does not meet our minimum Exit Plan objectives during the first module, he or she will stay for a second one to further strengthen foundational skills.
BONUS: B Class Is Great Practice for ACT Science!
B Class emphasizes identifying the main idea in a text and developing analytical reading skills. The ACT Science section requires similar forms of active reading!
- Initial Diagnostic Test Score Minimum: 1300+ SAT Composite OR students successfully placed via B Class Exit Plan
- Course Length: Varies depending on the student’s current SAT skills, goal score, and target test date
- Purpose: Helping students implement newly-developed foundations to strengthen application skills and practice efficient test-taking strategies
- New Addition: MEK online video tutorials! These videos are pocket-sized versions of our lectures that focus on specific skills discussed during class. Click here to learn more and click here to see examples.
All work completed in A Class builds upon problem-solving and study methods first explored in B Class!
Students take weekly simulation tests to build confidence and reach or surpass their goal scores BEFORE taking the official test.
Advanced students prepare for both the SAT and ACT. MEK uses the similarities between the SAT and ACT to reduce test-taking time thanks to student familiarity with the material. We also use the exam differences to refresh students’ efforts and help them see testing from multiple perspectives. Many students who are short on their goal score achieve higher scores on the alternate test using the skills acquired from earlier Test Training.