Non-Fiction Reading Group Class
Common Core Skill Reinforcement in Summer 2018
Summer is the most opportune time for students in grades 4-7 to build research abilities and practice delivering oral presentations. This class helps students develop active reading skills and become more engaged with current events while encouraging high-level reading comprehension. Non-Fiction Reading students conquer their fears of public speaking and learn to contribute value to group discussions.
- exposes students to robust, content-rich texts
- teaches students to think critically about non-fiction articles
- heightens awareness of current events in society, economics, and politics
- acclimates students to public speaking and classroom presentations
- encourages healthy debate and discussion
Top Performer Package
MEK knows what it takes to help each student succeed in the Common Core classroom. We are here to give elementary and middle school students the tools, skills, and knowledge to outperform peers next academic year.
Combining Non-Fiction Reading Group Class with MEK Labs provides a well-rounded curriculum that encourages students to approach learning with confidence.