Welcome to Math Lab
Designed for grades 1-10, Math Lab helps students master grade-appropriate topics while building strong problem-solving skills. Students learn to interpret, set up, and calculate each question to find solutions efficiently. They complete planned assignments in a customized curriculum to improve confidence in the CCSS classroom. Students do problem sets in a timed environment to boost their time management skills and identify the challenges they must review with instructors.
How Math Lab Works:
Math Lab teaches new math concepts through guided self-study and one-on-one instruction. We use the Accelerated Math Program, which allows quick assessments of your child’s skills. Our instructors then tailor each lesson to your child’s needs and test his or her performance.
- Diagnostic Test – reveals what a student has learned and needs to learn. A low score isn’t necessarily bad–it is just an indicator that it’s time to learn new concepts.
- Practice Problems – cover concepts taught based on the student’s Diagnostic Test performance
- Objective Test – taken once concepts from the Diagnostic Test and Practice Problems are mastered
- CompMath Exercises – cover all the objectives a student has already mastered
- Tuesday – Friday, any time between 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, anytime between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 90-minute sessions
- Two one-on-one slots with math instructor
- 10 session minimum required
Through guided study, your child will explore logic and mathematical reasoning on his or her own. Immediate teacher feedback builds confidence in problem solving.
MEK’s Math Lab instructors are professional, caring, and at the forefront of subject mastery and teaching methods. Knowing a subject and teaching the material are very different concepts. Our rigorous teacher orientation and training ensures your child gets the very best instructors. Math Lab teachers take pride in their students’ progress!