HSPT / BCA Dual Prep Fall 2017
Dual Prep gives students the English and Math skills necessary for success on the High School Placement Test (HSPT) and the BCA admission test. HSPT / BCA Dual Prep builds up students’ content-related abilities and application skills for two different tests at the same time. This Dual Prep test training program is ideal for students applying to catholic or parochial schools requiring the HSPT in addition to the Bergen County Academies.
Application season can be draining for most middle school students–especially those who are taking more than one type of admission test. MEK’s Dual Prep is the solution to help keep testing stress in check! From September to November, students train for the HSPT with 18 total sessions. After students take the official November HSPT, they fine-tune their application skills for the demanding BCA admission test in January.
MEK also offers transitional lectures to help students switch gears between HSPT and BCA test training. To ensure students make the most out of their test training, HSPT / BCA Dual Prep is divided into 3 stages.
- HSPT Prep for November Test (9/8 – 11/7)
- Tuesday: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Language 90 min. + Math 90 min.)
- Friday: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (Reading 90 min. + Math 90 min.)
- Saturday: Weekly full-length practice tests
- Includes 18 total sessions (9 Reading, 9 Language, 18 Math)
- Math Clinic on Wednesdays if student needs additional help for BCA Prep Session I
- BCA Orientation Period/Submitting Catholic School Application (TBD)
- BCA Prep Session II (11/9/17 – 1/6/18)
- Includes actual test simulations (English + Math)
- Comprehensive reviews using test prompts and critical essay writing practice
- BCA application essay revision meetings
- 3 day Year End Boot Camp (12/29 – 12/27)