Plan your future with an academic consultation.
The goal of an MEK consultation is to assess where your child stands, establish his or her academic goals, and implement a clear strategy for success.
Benefits of a Consultation
- Assessment of your child’s current skill level (see criteria below)
- Establishment of clear goals for progress
- Customized strategy to attain goals
- Timeline for target test date
At MEK Review, we assess your child not according to school standards (which vary from town to town) but to more impartial and interdisciplinary criteria. We utilize:
- Lexile Framework for Reading
- Common Core Standards Writing Rubric
- Common Core Standards Grade Mastery for Math
- SAT-level skill assessments
Preparing for Your Consultation
To maximize our time together, please bring the following items and prepare your child for his or her assessment test(s).
- PARCC (or most recent standardized exam score report)
- Most recent school report card
- Reading, Math, Writing evaluation: 2 hour duration
- SAT or ACT diagnostic test: 3 hour duration
Once your child completes the evaluation test, you will meet with our academic counselor for 30 minutes (or more). Please block out the necessary time in your schedule.
Consultation Fee: $100.00 (fee waived if student registers for MEK Review program)