2017 College Essay Boot Camp (CEBC)
Our 3-day College Essay Boot Camp is held before the beginning of senior year and immerses students in intensive, full day essay writing sessions. Students will complete the Personal Statement of the Common App.
They will learn how to use effective and figurative language and discover their unique narrative voice. Their rough drafts will be shared with other students as part of a supervised peer-review. The objective is to solidify students’ foundation for writing in the narrative. Full 3-day commitment is required.
July College Essay Boot Camp Was a Huge Success!
Find out more here.
Day 1: Brainstorming & First Draft
- Group icebreakers
- Compile life experiences for brainstorming
- Deeper examination of experiences
- Write first draft and confer with coaches
- Group discussions
Day 2: Intensive Writing & Lecture
- Lectures on structure, tone, voice
- Multiple writing and review sessions
- Peer reviews
Day 3: Final Writing & Review with Peers and Coaches
- Lectures on grammar
- Intensive writing and editing
- Continued peer and coach reviews
- Final review and edits
Date & Location
- Palisades Park Campus
August 28th – 30th, from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Fee: $1100.00
Interested in putting together a picture-perfect college application?